Future Now & Future Now Fund
About the Orgs
Future Now and Future Now Fund are building the power to improve Americans’ lives by winning state legislative majorities and working with them to achieve goals for the common good. Future Now provides the tools and resources state lawmakers need to implement legislation that improves Americans' lives. Future Now Fund elects the next generation of America’s state leaders to achieve America’s Goals, a legislative blueprint for our nation’s renewal. The Development Associate will play a critical role in ensuring that the organizations are properly resourced to achieve their missions.
The Development Associate will be a key member of the Development team, helping to maximize the organization’s ability to raise funds from individuals and foundations in support of Future Now/Future Now Fund’s growth nationally by doing prospect research, donor cultivation and stewardship, and donor information management.
This is a full time position at Future Now/Future Now Fund and will report to the Director of Development. This position will be located at Future Now/Future Now Fund Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.
With the primary goal of supporting Future Now/Future Now Fund’s ability to maintain beneficial relationships in each region with current and potential funders while engaging new supporters, the Development Associate will be responsible for the following key areas:
Donor Cultivation & Stewardship
- Research prospective donors, including support of the qualification process for the Director of Development (DOD) and Executive Director (ED)
- Set up meetings with potential and current donors for the DOD and ED
- Manage and/or assist with events related to donor cultivation and stewardship
- Own the ongoing maintenance, management and preparation of key materials related to national development efforts. These materials include:
- Cultivation plans, stewardship plans, and case for support documents, prospect materials, road show presentations
- Thank you letters and follow-up correspondence
Donor Information Management
- Manage contribution processing, gift tracking, and donor acknowledgement
- Maintain accurate records in CRM of donors and prospects, and development activities
- Assist with coordination of list acquisition and mailing production
- Assist with direct mail campaigns in support of annual fund
- Assist with materials development for board meetings (including annual board retreat), staff strategic planning retreats, and other major donor meetings
- Manage data entry, tracking, and reporting for the Director of Development
- Manage the workflow of the development pipeline for the Director of Development and engage staff and board members as necessary to meet monthly targets
- Manage the maintenance of the Director of Development’s calendar: arrange for, schedule and confirm appointments
- Prepare and/or provide material such as agendas, information packets, and presentations for the DOD’s meetings and funder/donor visits
- Support the DOD in planning meetings and regional events
- Complete special projects as assigned by the DOD
- Passion for the mission
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Attention to detail: accomplish a task with thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming
- Ability to multi-task and move seamlessly between a number of prioritized tasks and functions, as required
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to articulate a compelling case for major support of programs, present organizational objectives persuasively, and translate strategic concepts into compelling fundraising collateral; experience contributing to grant writing or grant reporting and drafting donor-facing communications
- Ability to manage and manipulate data through quantitative analysis: data entry, data cleaning, review data sets in order to recognize patterns, identify additional information or data as needed, and draw conclusions
- Customer service orientation: anticipate and respond promptly and professionally to requests and needs from all key stakeholders and set clear expectations while taking other perspectives into account
- Extraordinary professional judgment and the ability to handle confidential materials with discretion
- Ability to work productively and achieve group goals within a team setting while being aware of the perspectives of each individual team member
- 1-2 years in development, sales and/or related fields required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Telosa, Sage Fundraising 50 or other CRM software is required
Future Now/Future Now Fund offers 75% coverage of medical, dental, vision for individuals and families, unlimited PTO, 17 paid holiday days in 2020, and paid family leave. The salary for this position is $55,000 to $60,000 per year.
This is a full time exempt position. This position will be located in New York, NY at the Future Now/Future Now Fund office.
Additional evening and weekend hours are frequently required to fulfill the duties of this position. Relocation is not available for this role.